On the Verge of A Farewell

Nature greets you well in UPMin.
Hello everyone!

It's less than a month to go before I leave the University of the Philippines Mindanao, my second home for about 6 years. All the years I had in this institution in the boondocks of Mintal, Davao City will never be forgotten.

In the last few times I visit the beautiful landscapes of UP Mindanao, all the memories I had in this University had been kept in my mind. I can remember the first day I stepped in this school - an occular inspection done by my high school. It felt awkward to me at first to see this University that is so far from downtown Davao, far from the hustle and bustle of the metro, where all you see is green, green and green. But as I get myself acquainted to this place, I felt that this place was a safe haven - a save haven for me to concentrate on what's the best for me.

The manuscript signals the end.
Studying in UPMin was a roller-coaster ride, a journey to greatness, a trek to an exciting place, a long marathon, a do-or-die match, a test of faith. Knowing that passing the UP College Admission Test (UPCAT) was not easy in itself, surviving the journey was not easy either.

I experienced getting a high 1.0, two failing 5.0s, a do-or-die 4.0, a redeeming INC, and relieving 3.0s. The achievements weren't easy enough and I had to take painstaking decisions, whether I sink or swim.

But all the classes I had left an impression in me as they gave me great lessons that I may someday apply in the next phase of my life. I learned how computers run, how they can be programmed, the fundamental functions and operations we can apply to them, and how software engineering is essential to make the best software. Aside from those, I learned how to appreciate the English language, the beauty of nature, how we think of ourselves, how history shaped society, and how the world is being shaped by mathematics.
Long and winding queue.

I never thought I would go this far, really. I almost wanted to give up when all that was left in my journey is applying what I learned through producing our undergraduate Special Problem. My advisers have said that the work was massive yet easy to implement if I had the skill to do it. I was overwhelmed with the demands it entailed. I did not have any idea how to run them altogether. It was a mental and emotional battering. I almost want to let go.

But I thought it will not be good for my family if I give up. My future will be compromised and they will be affected. I don't want to be left behind. I want to finish the race.

That's why I strived to finish my Special Problem. And it paid off when I did my best. It was the best they saw. It was written with the client in mind. I now believe people will appreciate my work. It indeed was a success.

Now, I'm almost done, and on a verge of a farewell. I will bid farewell to the place where I had shaped my future even further. It was a journey I will never forget indeed.

See you at the Commencement Exercises!
With people preparing their manuscripts.



KENNETH

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth