Rumi and Me


I dared to ask this question in my mind: “Will I be a person who will be remembered a lot here in UP?” To that, Rumi “answers” through a line of one of his poems:

“Fall into his hands and you will weep like a cloud;
Run from him and you will freeze over like snow.”

While pondering upon Rumi's “answer”, I thought if I became too proud of myself lately. I became too selfish and self-centered. I did not care if I ruined the pride of my family, my friends – my whole circle of life. I began to catch a realization that the pronoun him refers to my God. I ran away from God and turned to my own way of showing myself that I am a student of UP, without recognizing my relationship to him. These days I feel so cold about my relationship to God, to my family and friends. I feel so empty inside that I am not really enjoying my growth as a person and as a part of the society.

The Word of God says that when we draw near to him, fall into his hands, then we will weep in our sorrows while we are cleansed by his love. Thereafter, I insist to myself that I should surrender, never be cold like snow. I should let go of my coldest of emotions. I should warm up, be free and let go of those emotions like rain. I cried a shower of tears while I relate this line from Rumi's poems to my life with respect to my God. I will soon take heart of this little reminder. There I will never run away from God and I will never run cold again. In turn, I shall be a good UP student, who will not just leave without a legacy, but with a legacy that will soon inspire the hearts of many of its students and even of this nation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth