VICTORY!

Hi! This is a summary of what I experienced on August 17, 2006 (the date of posting this message), The Davao Historical Quiz Bee. I experienced the most number of praises because of this. It is because I won as the champion of this prestigious contest. During the contest, I answered many tricky questions, but I answered most of them correctly. Nothing had gone wrong during the contest except the slow tallying of scores. The questions were about Davao City and its provinces, but during the Difficult round of this contest, the topics jumped to current issues. Many coaches of the contestants complained about that. Anyways, there were many schools that joined this contest, 49 all in all. This contributed to the shortage of materials and slowing of the score tallying. During the announcement of the winners, there were 2 people who tied the 3rd place, one from Lawana National High School, and one from Daniel R. Aguinaldo National High School. The prize was split into two. They only recieved 500 pesos instead of the initial 1000 pesos. Only one got the medal because the officials decided to make draw-lots. The one from Lawana recieved the medal. The 2nd placer was one from Davao City National High School, who got 21 points. She recieved 2000 pesos and a silver medal. My fellow Aileen Encarnacion thought that I didn't made it. But when the first placer was announced, she was suprised. I even jumped in joy when I heard my name. I recieved 3000 pesos and a gold medal, together with a certificate of participation.

When I went back to school, many people shouted in joy when they saw me. They greeted me their congratulations for they prayed a lot that I will win and their prayers were answered. Our school director, Mrs. Rose Cementina, was really happy that I won this contest. She was really proud of me. Teacher Kenneth Razo, my coach, shed tears of joy because she was really happy that I succeded even though that we reviewed only on a short period of time. :-) This contest gave me the confidence to be at the top. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth