The Prom

Ok, it's been so long...

Some hearsays said that CdSI was the last of the institutions of Davao City that held their JS Prom this year... Yeah, I think it was true, since it was held on March 9.

To make it short, I'll just explain the flow of the program.

First was the processional. We looked our best. I think no-one wore something very showy. All boys wore black coats, except Benjo Bote, who wore a white one. :-) The girls were all in different colours, but I think that no-one wore pastel colours. (Hmmm... talk about too cute...) Some dresses were even sewn by designers... (Bongga!)

Then, an invocation, the Pambansang Awit...

Next was the candle-lighting ceremony led by Edmund Gemelo, Jr. (The hot candle wax almost burnt my finger; the ceremony took long than expected...)

Then the Key of Responsibility was passed to the 3rd Year by Duane Allyson Gravador. The one who recieved the key was Cindy Claire Salonga. (Duane's speech was SUPER, if you only heard of it...)

Later, it was Dinner time. The food on the menu on which I ate were: Buttered Fried Chicken, Mixed Vegetables with Quail Eggs, Fish Fillet, Cream Soup, and a kind of salad which I can't remember now. The food on Grand Regal was superb. Rating: 4.5 stars

While we were eating, we listened to the Class Prophecy, delivered by Mikko Garrido. His description of mine was a teacher who made a Chinese Book and started his own training center. (which I don't dream of it now, at least.)

The Class Legacy was next, delivered by Gabrielle. Nothing awesome, but it was still OK.

The Rigodon de Honor was next. To make it more lively, our school broke the traditional Waltz-only performance. The performance, made by Teacher Kenneth, even had a Boogie and Swing parts. I never imagined that Duane, Roneo Vermont, Josine Protasio, and Juric Pontanos can dance, which they thought in the contrary. It was very lively.

Next, it was DISCO TIME!!! Yeah... I was transformed into a party animal. Never wonder it...

I was even nominated as the Dancing King, but I was lost over Jan Reyes, with the Dancing Queen (and his sweetheart), Chenny Lim.

Paul Gaerlan and Chrismae Babia eventually became the Gentleman and Lady of the Night. (Paul is so polite...)

Ever wonder who was the Prom King? The Prom King was Louie Avecilla, with his queen, Thea de Leon! (talk about an odd pair!) :-D

The party came to an end by 09:30 p.m. I went home tired but happy.



Digg!

Add to Technorati Favorites

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth