Discr[ete] Relief




Oh, well, I'm back to what I thought was my Waterloo topic in CMSC57 last year: Recurrence Relations and Generating Functions. As I don't want to fail again to look at that definition again that linear homogenous recurrence relations of degree d with constant coefficients (whew!) are of this form: and generating functions are of this form: , I skimmed through a few in the myriads of books on Discrete Math.

I'm so happy that my family gave me a chance to hold a copy of Discrete Mathematics and its Applications by Kenneth Rosen, and it gave me hope in those previous topic discussed which were combinatorics and graph theory. My instructor, Prof. Vanessa Ramoran mostly uses Rosen in her discussions, which gave me some sort of relief. (Good thing the author's name is same as mine. LOL X-D) Rosen also has a preview of the topics relating to my future Computer Science courses: Logic Circuits and Boolean Algebra for CMSC130 and Automata Theory for CMSC141. I'm looking forward to that.

Ma'am Van also uses Discrete Mathematics by Richard Johnsonbaugh as an alternative read, and I wanted to have a copy, too. It presents a more comprehensible method of the topics on recurring problems.


As an alternative read for me to understand the topic I just mentioned, I downloaded Generatingfunctionology by Herbert Wiff. I greatly understood more of the beauty and uses of Generating Functions and how it relates to Power Series I learned in MATH28. No wonder I got more tools.


YES, I CAN DO IT! I CAN PASS THE WATERLOO!




KENNETH



Subscribe to 'A Stellar Life' Feeds Today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth