My Cups of JAVA

Hello guys!

It's been so long since I posted in this blog. I've been enjoying my Tumblr blog MyConstellation since I entered in the Tumblr-sphere. But I simply can't leave the blog I loved for almost 4 years.

I'm now exploring the world of the Java programming language - its 3 editions: Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition & Micro Edition, the syntax that is almost related to C/C++, its many interesting packages, and the numerous programs...er...classes and functions...er...methods, found in the API documentations. With its feature of Exceptions, error trapping has been quite convenient for me since I could now trace the real error during runtime.

Java is the topic of my first Computer Science elective subject I took - CMSC191. This subject caught my appreciation of using object-oriented programming as an approach to developing programs and the myriad of things you can do, where you can implement, and how you can apply it.

Every cup of Java was delightful for me, from the first sip of "Hello World"...

import java.lang;

public class HelloWorld{

 public static void main(String args[]){
    
     System.out.println("Hello World!");

  }



to the big slurps of MIDlets (this is still "Hello World").

import javax.microedition.midlet.*;
import javax.microedition.lcdui.*;
public class HelloMIDlet extends MIDlet {
      private Display display;    
     public HelloMIDlet() {
        display = Display.getDisplay(this);
    }
    public void startApp() {
        TextBox t = new TextBox("Hello", "Hello World!", 256, 0);
        display.setCurrent(t);
    }
    public void pauseApp() { }
    public void destroyApp(boolean unconditional) { }
}

For a time, I was exposed to the interesting "itinerary" of being a Java programmer. Being a Java programmer needs these things:
  • Know some (if not all) C/C++ syntaxes.
  • Get knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming concepts
  • Install all the necessary JDKs and the JREs for your chosen editions of Java.
  • EXPLORE EVERYTHING. LEARN EVERYTHING.
  • Be as creative as you can.

What I learned in this introduction to Java is that programming is not just about structures and architectures - it's also about the engineering and the design of it. The beauty of programs lies in the codes within.

Well, in the next years I'll cross over the intricacies of Machine-Level programming, the web-worthy world of PHP and the gathering prowress of SQL. In turn, I will prove myself worthy to provide applications for the Filipino.

Cheers!

KENNETH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth