What I've Been Doing Lately


Hello there!

As I am about to finish my studies in UP Mindanao, I am to develop a system that should contribute to the software development community and the I.T. community in general.

While I've been appreciating the Philippine National Football Team, known more as the Azkals, I've been very busy on how I'll be taking more opportunities of improving myself as a future changemaker in the IT industry through my studies.

During the past few months, I've been already thinking on what I want to do for my Special Problem. Then I've been thinking more of our University's student publication, Himati.

Right there and then, I was already thinking of a system that would help the publication improve its coverage and its reach to the UP community and beyond.

During the previous semester, for our CMSC 128 (Software Engineering) class, I developed a Publication Content Management System for the publication. (Seen on the above image). The system intended to help the writers and editors to manage the articles brought up by the publication.

While it was not fully implemented around Himati, it was just a starting point of something better.

The publication gave me a new position in the publication. I'm now newly assigned as the Website Development Director. This means my new job for Himati is to develop the official website of the publication.

But with the system I've made last semester, I thought of making something better.

Why not develop a web portal?

A web portal or links page, like the likes of Yahoo!, AOL and Netvibes, is a website with integrated features such as search, e-mail, news, and the others. With that in mind, I plan to make a multi-platform system for the publication, combining inner processes of Himati, and the web services used such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.

I envision a Himati that is reaches more people, a Himati that crosses borders of social media, a Himati that encourages contributions from its audience.

With this system I'll be developing and proposing as a Special Problem, I hope it will improve the coverage of the publication and increase the prominence of UP Mindanao in the community.

Wish me blessings!

KENNETH

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth