Before I Graduate


Things have been going well for me this last semester of mine in UPMin. My schedule's not so tight anymore, although I still have my Special Problem to manage. Only two CS major courses are left for me: Networking, and Automata Theory.

Oh, well, this semester has been proven quite challenging for me, since I'm having a new Special Problem adviser. It also happened he is my batchmate who graduated on time. So, it's a bad choice between being comfortable with him as a batchmate and being awkward having to communicate as a faculty member. But nevertheless, I have to do my big part to finish this project of mine once and for all.

My job with Himati coincided with my SP as well, since my topic involved the publication. After being a video blogger for two terms, I decided to move on and become mainly the Online Services Developer for the student publication. It's quite stressful having to communicate with the staff regularly to gather their feedback about my project. So far, so good for the future of Himati online.

These are the big challenges ahead of me before I graduate, before I leave this University where memories were all cherished, before I enter the big world I have to conquer.

I have been looking forward to make myself busy aside from doing school work, so I might find opportunities for me to earn some money before I become employed. A number of people have been requesting for me to do projects concerning websites, mobile apps and an accounting system. Since I am still focusing on my SP, I still had to set aside the bigger projects, while the small ones like the mobile app I finished at the quickest time possible. And I found out too that I became so interested in mobile app development that I wished I could have a better gear for me to assist me making apps. My ageing Dell laptop has to retire, but I have to make do for now. When I graduate, my gadget wishlist when I'm employed is an ultraportable laptop (I don't care what processor it contains, but I want it to have discrete graphics and long battery life), an Android phone, and a music player other than Apple's iPod -- sorry guys, I don't patronize proprietary stuff.

On the other hand, I've been involved in contributing to the football community on the web since last year, through the online community Usapang Football. I've connected well with the regular members there and they've been supporting my contributions all the way. Discussing a sport long ignored by Filipinos in so many years is so refreshing for me due to humdrums I have to endure watching basketball all the time. With the mobile app I already released this month, I'm sure more people will become more interested in helping football be known to more Pinoys everywhere.

It's been a fun experience for me so far, as a student, a budding developer, and a contributor to the Pinoy sports community.

Before I graduate, I still have dreams to fulfil, lives to enrich and a task to finish.

So, pray for my greater endeavours ahead!

KENNETH

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth