The Thirteenth Psalm



From the King James Bible.

A Prayer for Help in Trouble
 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David.


1 How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? 
How long wilt thou hide thy face from me? 

As my college days are waning fast, I went into this trouble when I faced adversities over my academic performances. Distractions came with me to prevent me from focusing my studies. And it hit me. It hit me hard. It let me forget that the Father never forgot me and hide His face from me.

I went into deep emotional trouble in relation my family, my friends and peers, and my faith in God.

2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul,
having sorrow in my heart daily?
How long shall mine enemy be exalted over me? 

Time after time, I get frustrated over myself everyday. I may have achieved something but everything else aside from it let me think I am a failure. I may smile before you, but deep inside the enemy has been exalting over me through my shortcomings, both in my academics, my family relationship, and my faith.

3 Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: 
lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death; 

I have frustrated myself to pray to the LORD. I may have appeared praying, but my heart wasn't close to God. It's frustrating and deliberating. I am asking Him to enlighten my spiritual sight, for if not I may die spiritually.

4 lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; 
 and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved. 

I admit I am in a spiritual battle right now. And I seem lost. I am losing. I am defeated fast. To whom shall I find refuge?

5 But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. 

But I will remain in Him. He never forgot me as he had saved me from dying, and be separated from Him for all eternity. I recognise His mercy: He never let me fail the courses I struggled with this semester. He gave me a chance to continue and pursue that dream. He never let me suffer more. I therefore rejoice in Him.

6 I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me. 

 Heavenly Father, I pray that the adversities I face now as I end my college life will never hinder me to continue seeking You and Your Love. As I move to another chapter of my life, which is to work and serve the people with the ability that You entrusted in me, I ask Your guidance to lead me in Your right paths. Thank You, Father, for you never forgot me in my times of help.

All of this I pray in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.
KENNETH

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth