eXclusive!: The Seniors' Retreat (Part 1)

Hi there folks! Welcome to the eXclusive article about the Seniors' Retreat yesterday and today, Friday and Saturday, February 16 & 17, 2007 at the MIC Cursillo Retreat House, F. Torres St., Davao City.
DAY ONE: February 16th
Everyone in our batch was there, including Teacher Kenneth, Teacher Divine, Teacher Miamor, Mrs. Rose Cementina, and our Retreat Master, Sister Leonie.
We started with an orientation of the rules and regualtions of the regulations of the retreat house. Then, the sessions had started.
The first thing we had discussed is Our Beautiful Self. Sister Leonie represented our hearts as vessels (containers). She said that our "vessels" contain things that are very cluttered. There are things that are good; some are bad. We were told to draw a vessel and put inside the things that are essential for the retreat. I first chose/wrote Faith. :-)
We do have different vessels.
Next, we pasted our baby pix into a sheet of paper and let write the things that people admire when we were young. I included that I was intelligent at an early age.
After that, we formed groups. There we shared our thoughts on what God has told us. One Bible verse that Sr. Leonie had shared to us was from the book of Jeremiah: "Before I formed you into the womb, I knew you." Yes, we should not take in consideration that we are nobody in this earth.
Then, it was time to put up my recent picture and put up the traits that I acquired now. After that, I shared to my seatmate, who was Louie Avecilla, about my traits. Then I also shared to him some of my frustrations. There I expressed to him about my problem about my temper. There he advised me to go with the flow of the people who criticize or make fun of me. Thanks, Louie!
Before lunch, we had an activity. We were told to write in a piece of paper an event that we were in our best. As for me, I chose the time that I was in Cagayan de Oro City for a outside school competition. I thought this was my best because I never gave up in answering questions and never failed to strive for glory.
After that, we had a sumptuous lunch of adobong manok and guisadong sitaw.
(Check out the part two of this blog next time.)

Digg!

Add to Technorati Favorites

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth