eXclusive!: The Seniors' Retreat (Part 2)

After lunch, we had our afternoon session. We discussed about our broken self. Here Sister Leonie showed to us a beautiful vase. But when she put it on a table, it was actually split in two. She explains that no matter how beautiful we are, we tend to be broken.
Then, we were told to put around our recent pixes the things that we don't appreciate in ourselves. As for me, I included that I was temperamental, impatient, immature, boastful, and judgemental. Also, we put the names of the people I have hurt before. I can't list all of them but the people were my classmates, my teachers, and my family.
After that, we were given 30 minutes of silence to talk to God and share to Him our feelings. There I walked into a very remote part of the garden outside the main building. Since no-one can detect me, I closed my eyes, freed my spirit and started my conversation to Him. I told him about the things I did in the past. I told Him that I should change for the better, for the better of myself and my loved ones.
We had some sharings with our classmates after that period. I said that because of the silence, I had the freedom to talk to God and share what I have to Him. But, it was not enough.
During snacktime, I approached Sister Leonie. I said, "Sister, I want to add with what I said a while ago. I need your help." Sister Leonie agreed and we went to a silent part of the retreat house.
I expressed to her about those things I had expressed to God during the silent time. I revealed to her that I was very temperamental and judgemental, and that I was very boastful with my abilities. There she smiled at me and told me that she was also hot-tempered, but she had the control already. She also explained that if I got irritated again, I must just remember to say in heart, "God, help me." I was really amazed with her insights. She was a blessing to me in that particular time. I thank God for answering my prayer.
After that, Sister Leonie had another activity. She showed to us some of the things that made up the crucifix of Christ. There was the thorns, the nails and the hammer (mallet, actually). Sister Leonie explains that these items didn't hurt Christ by themselves, they were just powered by the people who crucified Him.
There we had an activity of drawing what item of suffering we were. I chose the "INRI" sign. (For starters, INRI is an abbreviation for the Latin phrase "IESVS NAZARENVS REX IVDEAROVM" or "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews") I chose this because this made Jesus the laughing stuff of the people who want to crucify Him. I chose this because I didn't cause people to hurt much physically, but emotionally. But, like Jesus, they became stronger in spirit.
I shared my drawing with Mrs. Rose Cementina. She told me that she remembered the days that I regularly visit her when I was in Grade 4. I was happy to hear it. I used to go there when I was in some kind of trouble. Well... I was still a child at this time... literally.
By 6:30 p.m., we had a sumptuous dinner! :-D! The meal was Chicken Barbeque and Spaghetti! :-d! Wala lang, nakakabusog!
After dinner, we had the evening session. Here we had a candle-lighting ceremony. Then we had a chance to reconcile with our classmates and friends. I hugged each and everyone of them. When I was done, I did a ritual given to us, washing our hands with water. (-) After that, I hugged Sister Leonie and said to her, "Ang gaan ng pakiramdam ko! Salamat po sa lahat!" :-)
After that, we prepared to sleep.
(Check out Part 3 next time.)

Digg!

Add to Technorati Favorites

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth