The Fun I Can Do With My Ubuntu Linux

Hello there, FOSS fans!



I'm really enjoying my Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" with all the desktop effects I can put in it.

My PC is relatively old - A Pentium 4 2.40 GHz, with 512 MB RAM and nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 graphics card with 128 MB external graphics memory. But these requirements are just alright to install those desktop effects via Compiz Fusion.

But with the right drivers (you have to separately install the proprietary nVIDIA drivers in Ubuntu), I can install Compiz and the wonders begin.

Some of the desktop effects enabled on my PC are Desktop Wall (you can literally have separate "desktops" in most Linux distributions, add Desktop Wall or Desktop Cube for more excitement), Water Effects (reminds me of splashy effects in Mac OS X's Aqua interface), Scale (an effect similar to Mac OS X's Exposé), Window Switcher (similar to Windows Aero's Flip3D), Animation, Wobbly Windows (I like things "elastic"), and Transparency.

Everything is so smooth and easy (if you do have the required hardware), and it makes you desktop experience in Ubuntu richer and livelier.

Check out Ubuntu now at www.ubuntu.com.

Cheers!
KENNETH

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth