Maria Ressa on STORYLINE

 Maria Ressa, outgoing ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs chief, was featured in a special episode of ANC's STORYLINE. The stories that shaped her, from her childhood, her education at Princeton University, her stint at the Probe Team, her career at CNN, and her leadership in ABS-CBN News.

I watched this episode on ABS-CBN while I was staying in a relative's house in rural Panabo City. I tweeted that whole evening about the powerful messages Ressa has shared in that special. She is beyond compare when she relayed this statement, to quote:

I am a journalist... I am also a Filipino.
Another quote, relating to the August 28 hostage crisis:
Women have more balls than men.
 That's to relate women currently leading TV news organizations in the country, namely Maria Ressa in ABS-CBN, Jessica Soho of GMA and Luchi Cruz-Valdez in TV5.

Enjoy watching the 3-part video on YouTube. Feature in this blog is the first part of the special.



KENNETH

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth