Christmas without Christ is Dead

This year, I'll join my mom in celebrating the Simbang Gabi, a 9-day eucharistic activity before the start of Christmas. Yes, this is very hard for me personally since I've been on hiatus from the Lord of the Harvest (LTH) Christian Community since April, and I've been on a faith crisis since I left the leadership of LTH. Yes, I missed those days being with LTH, and I only meet my church fellows at school or whenever I bump with them.

"Kumusta," one leader asked me, "dugay na ta wa' nagkita..." I kept silent of the reasons why I went off with attending services at LTH.

I don't know if leaving LTH was a good reason. I don't know if leaving the G12 system was a good reason.

I felt it was quite a very stupid decision to make since many have left G12 churches because the system is rigid and bureaucratic.

My parents condemn Christian churches, because they allege them of getting too much from its members. But I don't think all of them do so. A few of them follow Christ just as they are commanded by His Word. I believe Christ moves in them and they are in a radical way.

I'm still in this prison-house of religion, the Roman Catholic Church. I'm legally Roman Catholic, but a born-again Christian in heart and spirit; not in paper or by doctrine, but in Christ.

If only another church will accomodate me this Christmas.
KENNETH

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth