Portability Issues

What a better way to blog than declaring to you that I officially lost my cellphone, (edit: it was just found, LOL) I want to tell you about a Cherry Mobile D35 with a 2GB micro SD card. Got "lost" it while a journey back home to our home in Buhangin. While it was placed it in my pocket at my journey downtown from Mintal, I dozed off with the annoying cigarette smoke beside me (the driver was huffing-puffing his Marlboro Lights beside me) since I was very tired after our CS128 class, not noticing that the pocket opened and exposed my cellphone. (I don't know yet that if someone in the jeepney stole it or it dropped off the jeepney seats. I don't know it yet.)

I never noticed it was "lost"until the next evening my brother told me that he would charge his Nokia 2330 with my charger (my charger has the same output voltage as his cellphone's input voltage). While scurrying through my things, I panicked when I realized my cellphone isn't in my bag or in the pants I wore the other day. I searched through our house, but to no avail. The cellphone isn't there.

Well, this model was bought for about Php 3,000, together with the memory card and USB cable. It was intended to be bought for my CS199 presentation, yet it had no Java in it so I just used its Bluetooth HID profile for use of my PowerPoint presentation (I was able to control it in wireless, which was nice).

But the lowdown I experienced with this model is that it runs very sluggishly; I couldn't speed-text like I used to do on my old Nokia 3315 (I gave it back to my father after I had this cellphone). Also, while it has Chinese character input, it is included even if the language in this phone was English, so I had to press a lot of keys before I get to the Latin character input.

I had used this phone as a music player, but the speakers are not very loud, which frustrated me. With that, sound notifications aren't loud as well, so I can't notice well if it was ringing or alerting a text message while it's in my bag.

Its build quality is decent, with its metallic linings and sturdy plastic casing. However, it was prone to scratches and fingerprint marks. Also, the grounding mechanism isn't well done, therefore you can get shocked/electrocuted if you touch this with your wet hand while it's charging.

The specs says it's a 1.3 megapixel camera, but you are only limited to a VGA resoulution, so it's not good for those impressive shots since it can be grainy. Also it's not perfect for long videos because it records videos in RGB AVI format which takes up a lot of space.

Well, it's been a great time, Cherry Mobile D35. You served are serving well.


KENNETH

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth