Buhay Guro: The Students On My First Year of Teaching.


I've turned 3 years as a teacher at Joji Ilagan (aptly referred as JIB). Parang kailan lang akong umalis sa dati kong trabaho then I landed here where I met not a handful but a lot of students. Different personalities, different levels of learning, and different levels of kagandahan (talaga lang ha?!).

Well, let me describe each class or section of students I encountered so far these 10 months of teaching.

(By the way, just to let you know, the way we name batches of students are quite unique here. We name BS Tourism Management sections after airlines. We name BS Hotel and Restaurant Management sections after spices. And we name our senior high school sections after hotel chains.)

The above picture is me with the BS Tourism Management students of section "Qantas-Lufthansa" (Batch 2014) who are, as of this writing, fourth year students. They took COMED 6 (C++ Programming) in that particular semester.

For me C++ was the most difficult subject I ever taught, for the reason that's it's very very technical, and with the fact that they are not quite literate with computers and programming, I had to break down the topics as that will make it as easily digestible as possible.

This is the quirkiest batch I ever had in the college department, though. My most memorable people in this batch are the boys - Mark Luche, Matthew Natanauan, and Robi Vinson.

I would like to meet their BS HRM counterparts next semester, if chance will allow.


This picture above is section Turmeric, the 2016 batch of Hotel and Restaurant Management students. They are a small batch (all of them are transferees, re: K to 12 program). Like the spice named after them, they are colorful, flavorful and at the same time "spicy". (LOL)

In their batch is last year's runner-up of Mr. JIB 2017, Cedric Spencer Pabilona (first from left of above photo). He may not be that smart, but he is hardworking, diligent, and (for the lack of a better word) malambing. He is a talented singer, and a great entertainer at that. I'll write about this guy in another post about the video project with our Senior High students where he was featured.



With me are my

Last semester I taught them Word Processing and Presentation Making. Pretty basic subject, but workable.


Next up is section Alitalia, the 2016 Tourism Management students.





BSHRM students too - though it was my first time I worked on Saturdays.


And definitely the most interesting batch I had, the Senior High School students whom I taught Media and Information Literacy.





Such a wonderful first year. Will share more content in the coming days.

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth