I am Meant for Something More

In the confinements of home
For quite some time, I am trying to cope with the changes coming my way as I transition from teacher to trainer and freelancer. As the "summer" term comes in the way for our school, only a number of teachers will be given a teaching load, and I am one of those teachers who won't be given load this year. As such, I will have to make do with this time to not only earn money but continue learning.

I have been contemplating on making freelancing my priority career path in the next few months. I want to see if freelancing indeed works for me compared to my full-time teaching.

Why? With the COVID-19 situation still lingering, I am very confident that working from home will be the norm, and I feel that with the circumstances I have, my career as an educator will not be sustainable in the long run.

Honestly, having a work background that was based around being an office cubicle, and later on, having contact with 30 to 40 students at any given time, was already a feat in itself. But lately, I asked myself, "how will I reach out to many more people?"

Realizing my potential
For these three years that I had being a teacher, I realized that after the COVID-19 crisis hit, it hit me that being in a classroom setting with a few familiar faces isn't gonna cut it. I am meant for something more.

My previous trip to Manila last January made me realize that I must not be confined to the four corners of my office cubicle and the classrooms of our school. I must reach out. I must go out there and help people. I must take charge to deliver the needs of my students and fellow educators who are struggling like me.

Helping my colleagues at the PAMIL National Forum made me realize how important it is for me to become an innovator, someone who has the knowledge to improve on things, someone who can be the middle-man to every educator, from LPTs to PhDs. I thought to myself on what can I do to help them, and maybe being at this professional organization will give me that answer.

I am not thinking of leaving my current school. It's just that things are becoming so uncertain given that the health crisis is serious enough to cause chaos and anxiety among people. I wanted to go out there and be that person who can help, not thinking about money, but thinking about people. I am not pursuing to earn a lot right now, but seeing people being blessed with my abilities, gives me the chance to thank the Lord for what He has given me.

Surely there is a purpose for me. I am meant for something more.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28 NIV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth