Notes from the Author

Dear friends,
It's the last day of the vacation and I don't want to spoil the moment.
On the night of December 31st, we had a very special Media Noche (New Year's Eve dinner). Many dishes were served, courtesy of my mother. Well, before the year ended, we had a post-Christmas Kris Kringle (gift-giving). It was really fun. There my mother put some luck in the house that night by serving 13 kinds of round fruits, scattering coins around the house, giving hong bao (red envelopes containing money, according to Chinese tradition), and lots more.
When the clock struck 12:00 a.m., we jumped for joy and welcomed the year 2007. There we continued our enjoyment. By 1:30 a.m., we slept for the sunrise ahead.
The day of January 1 was very monotonous. Chores here, chores there. Invites here, invites there. (There were quite a number of visitors at that time.) But that night, we watched the film
"Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo", a Metro Manila Film Festival entry starring Judy Ann Santos and Ryan Agoncillo. To comment to this film, I should say that Judy Ann, the Best Actress to the said film festival, is fit for the award. Same thing for Gina Pareño, the Best Supporting Actress. The movie was very funny with a twist of awayan. The story was about marital infidelity, that was why it was rated PG-13. The movie was directed by the "mouthy" director, Mr. Jose Javier "Joey" Reyes, DGPI. But in the contrary, my other siblings and my parents didn't like it.
January 2, I was told by my mother to go to several banks to do some major transactions. First was ChinaBank. There I deposited my mother's money to her savings account and to her check account. Then, I went to Metrobank. There I gave my mother's payments to her Go! Mastercard, a credit card offered by the said bank. After that, I went to Banco de Oro, to give my mother's payments to her Standard Chartered credit cards. Then I went to NCCC to do some grocery shopping. After all of that, I went straight to a jeepney to go home. There I noticed something... I saw my brother Alain riding another jeepney bound to our community - and our jeepneys were close to each other! Well... life continued on after that first "banking experience".
Today, well it's the final day of vacation and quite a time to have a break before the "big" day tomorrow. So, wish me luck and have a nice day!
KENNETH
Digg!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth