Notes from the Author

Dear guys and gals...

It has been a great week....maybe not quite...
'cause the Bible quiz was "too bad for my brain".

Monday: yeah... so the "traditional" Assembly goes on... blah...blah... but after that...

It's Review Time for our Bible Quiz! :-)

Well, it was nice hanging out (of classes) for a single day. (Hey! I was excused!)

We discussed about the Pentateuch, the first 5 books of the Old Testament. There we discussed about Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and his sons. Well... it was tiring...indeed.

Tuesday: well... duh! Still outside classes... but had a stint on Physics class. Reviews were killing my brain... (are we having stress, Ken?)

Wednesday: Still... the same story....

Thursday: Here... a bad thing happened... (I had to attend classes the whole day! (said Teacher Miamor, one of our coaches))

At the 1st period, we practiced our song for the Juniors in the JS Prom in February. There was I, still tired and still full of things mixing-up in my brain. (Due to the Bible Quiz reviews)

My mind (and eyes) was concentrating on the Bible Quiz (via the Bible), not on the song at that time. That was why I stopped singing and hummed.

Mikko Garrido, along with other boys, noticed me that I didn't sing from my mouth. There they made antics to make me sing...

THEN MY TEMPER JUST RAGED IN...

I threathened them to stop. There my temper tantrums raged like wildfire. I was uncontrollable, until my adviser, Teacher Kenneth, "came to rescue me from my 'anger fits' ". She sent me to Sir Bong Quinagon, our prefect of discipline, to settle the issue with Mikko.

We had a catfight... >:-( (We argued on our issues.)

There we knew of the seperate issues upon ourselves. Mikko wants me to sing the prom song, but as for my side, I had to review, and I can't hit two birds in a single shot... (i.e., I can't concentrate on the prom song just yet because I was excused from classes for 3 school days ...)

There, Sir Bong gave us a BIG warning. He said that if my temper raged and I was sent to him again... I will be given a sanction, for good. :-(

I went back to the classroom with my eyes watery. Teacher Ken told me to go anywhere I like to release my emotions... There I found a spot, under a stack of wooden stages behind the HS building. I hid and cried. I thought that I've became troublesome to my companions at school. I don't know what to do.

Teacher Kenneth approached me after a while and gave me the Bible so I could reflect. Then I went to our Library.

I read Proverbs 24:1-2. I reflected that I should not be a fool to myself by having those temper rages. :-)

After all of that, I returned to class that afternoon and continued in my review.

Friday: It was a free day since most of our teachers were not around, but we had classes as a fused classes of St. Augustine and St. Benedict. (that's the name of the 2 sections of the 4th year)

Well, I was really in the classroom since our coaches Teacher Miamor and Teacher Dinah were not around. (They were on the 3rd Year recollection.)

Good thing I gave my best on my CorelDraw skills during Computer class.

Saturday: I attended the Dry Run of the Speechfest, to be held on Feb. 2. It was quite hard to actually perform a Sequel format of this contest. (First timer...) But it was alright. I will perform as an actor in the Tone Colors craft. (Gonna be funny!)

Today, Sunday: The Time Has Come...

During breakfast time, my sister talked about what we fought yesterday at home. I became mad and thought of a ruined day. But that thing was resolved afterwards.

I went to Gaisano Mall by 11:00 a.m. I waited on National Bookstore. There Mr. Gravador found me. He took me to Teacher Dinah, who took her snacks at Dunkin' Donuts. She offered me a drink and a donut.

My other teammates, Aileen, Gabrielle and Junah (3rd yr.), arrived afterwards. Then Duane and Kuya Darryl came in. They told me that they went to an Internet café and saw my Friendster profile. They said that it was nice! :-)

We went to a café where Darryl and Junah took a snack.

Then by 12:00 p.m., we went to Holy Cross of Davao College, the venue of the event. The actual event took place on the Gymnasium.

Before the actual event, we had a paraliturgy, a short prayer service. I was assigned to be a candle offeror. What an exposure!

After the paraliturgy, we had the Bible quiz. The quiz had 4 parts, Identification, Multiple Choice, True or False and Open Bible. The first three ones are common, so I'll explain about the Open Bible part: You have to search for the book and the chapter and verse numbers of the verse the quiz master is saying. Quite hard...

There Aileen got those mental blockages and she told me she can only help a little. Well, it was all to myself. :-/

The other contest, the Poster Making contest, joined by Gabrielle and Junah, was another highlight. They drew posters connected to the theme of the event.

The contest processes took longer than expected that my worries went to the extremes. <:-(

Well, we got 50 points out of 80 in the quiz, but we did not reach the top ranks. Gab and Junah's works did not get to the top, too. But it was a wonderful time...

There I went home with my mind inscripted of that memory.

That's all folks, see you next time!

KENNETH

Digg!

Comments

tina said…
You had a long week,... just like everybody else. Hey sorry bout the YM time.. i keep getting disconnected all the time.. so wasnt able to talk that much

Have a great week!

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth