Notes from The Author

Dearie Fwends...

The week was SUPER EXCITING!

Monday was a regular assembly day... Then, we had a dry run of the National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE). Quite boring... During English time, I can't get enough of making note cards...

Tuesday, things went out ok... well, quite... for the NCAE... (English researching was a headache! Filipino, too!)

Wednesday, the NCAE has been made...
Well, the NCAE was just like the UP College Admission Test, but it doesn't have the "you-can't-go-to college-without-passing" manner. Instead, the results will just remind you on what college course you could apply. In my part, the test was quite easy... just got confused on Math. :-) We finished the test early. The proctors were amazed. :-D

Thursday, it's a busy day. I prepared a lot for the big day, the Chinese Elocution Contest. I was really worn out after that day... (I can't concentrate on my projects!)

But, before I left CDSI, I was approached by Teacher Miamor Marundan, our Guidance counselor. She told me that I will join the Archdiocesan Youth Bible Quiz together with Aileen Encarnacion. Yes, another outside-school competition! (Now together with my partner during the time of the Davao History Quiz. ) I was so happy. :-)

Friday, the BIG DAY! The Chinese Elocution Contest was really a super event! (I was even excused from classes. But, as always, I should be diligent enough to study!) During the morning part, the grade school studes were just great. (I even commented the Grade 4, 5, and 6 studes in their performances.) :-)
That afternoon, I just can't imagine myself performing great. During the preceding performances, (i.e. 1st Year-3rd Year, and my batchmates, Gab, Renz, Aileen, & Joy) they were boring... :-(

...UNTIL I ARRIVED ON STAGE... (I was the last student to perform. )

I did my very, very best to perform the Chinese piece in that contest. I didn't bother if I had slips in my performance. But after that, the people around the hall were clapping loudly. :-)
When one of the judges was about to announce the winners, she further said this statement:

"Your performances were great, but I would just like to congratulate contestant number 5 for his excellent performance... I can't imagine how excellent he was while performing" Then when the audience heard this, they clapped and gave me a "standing ovation". I almost cried in joy. :-D There, I was 1st Place, again... :-P

After the program, I was given praises by the judges. There they knew that I was a pure Filipino. How could you imagine that? :-)

PRAISE THE LORD!

Today, I went to school to review for the Bible Quiz. I prayed to the Lord that I will succeed in this contest. I thanked Him for this blessing.

So, have a nice day. Ta-ta!

KENNETH PORIO (From AMC Internet Café.)

Digg!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth