Notes from the Author: A Final Decision...

Hi there! It's a new week, guys! Easter has passed. Thank the Son of God, Jesus Christ, for He is Alive!
During the Holy Week, my uncle, Donatillo Porio (we call him Uncle Dodz (pronounced /doodz/), visited Davao City to reserve places for his wedding on August (am I right?). He now works at a Korean company in Cebu. There, he has a big salary (not to mention the bonuses.) He brought along with him some luggage, his laptop and pasalubong. (He gave us Pastel (a popular pastry from Camiguin), Otap (a popular Cebuano snack), some drinks, bulad nga pusit (dried cuttlefish), and a pack of spicy Korean noodles. (I tried them and it is really SPICY! You can't really taste the flavour indicated in the pack (for instance, Seafood), just the blazingly hot-sour taste.))
My parents, who were very close to him during his stay in the city on his college days, talked about certain matters, including my college course. There he then talked about his successes during his good stint in his profession in that certain company. The company makes online programs for Korean people to learn English. He was good at programming, really. He even showed to us the program he developed on his laptop, and it was really great. (I wanna try to learn Korean while I'm in college. Japanese will be great, too.) I was really amazed. I really adore Uncle Dodz.
There, something made up in my mind to make that final decision. I thought AB English may have limits because if you pursue to Education, you should get units of Education and extend college education for two years or so. Also, I may not be assured of a good job after graduation. I thought that Computer Science could be an answer to achieving a great job. (I even thought of a great contribution to my Alma Mater, Colegio de San Ignacio. I'll tell you on the details sometime.) I also thought that life in the University of the Philippines will be a MAJOR TURNING-POINT on my personality, for I may live independently - away from the care of my parents and the "prescence" of my Alma Mater.
There the idea bulb lit up and there I was struck that I should pursue enrolling at UP. There I said to my parents, "Ma, Pa, sa UP na lang ko mo-eskwela, kay mas matutuhan pa nako na mahimong independent ug mo-promise gyud ko nga dili na ko mohimo ug binata nga lihuk." (Ma, Pa, I will just study at UP, because I will learn more to be independent and I will really promise to not make childish acts. (i.e. making temper flings, tantrums, or destructive acts.))
My parents agreed. The other day, I went to the Internet café to go to the UP site to confirm my decision to enroll at UP in Mindanao. (It's a faster way than to use the so-called "snail mail" (postal) system) I sticked to my decision to enroll at the BS Computer Science program.
Now, all I have to do now is to train myself to the things I must do to live independently. Now, all I need is guidance to show to the world that I have the "guts" to conquer challenges.
Digg!

Add to Technorati Favorites

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth