A Chance to Live My Life

Dearest friends,

October is about to end and I still have many thoughts in mind.






All this semestral break, I have done these kinds of things:

1. Being a couch potato. Watching CNN, Venta5, HSN, and Pinoy Big Brother gave me some kind of entertainment while I'm home. (lol)

2. Being a house boy...I mean...home boy. Being away from my home in Buhangin, Davao City studying (and staying) in UP Mindanao in Mintal, Tugbok District, Davao City for almost 2-1/2 months, at least, made me miss home - doing chores, attending errands, playing over Hero (our pet dog), enjoying life with my family. Here in this semestral break, I did these things, although problems arise that make some misunderstandings, and (I've acted quite lazy seldomly). 0:-)

3. Being close to my Alma Mater, Colegio de San Ignacio. CDSI has become a part of me. Not only it is closer to home, this institution moulded me on what I am today. Now, I am giving them my helping hand. I attended some school events there - their Intramurals, their Science Fair, one of their Monday Assemblies. I really missed CDSI. <:-)

4.Enjoy my online life. I have found a new suki Internet café here in Buhangin. It's cheaper than my previous suki. Here in the Internet, I do blogging, social networking, all of that. (I miss all my CDSI batchmates and friends, and my UP course-mates.) However, I'm still thinking of raising income on just blogging. If my parents can read this entry, I hope I can convince them to help me apply for Google AdSense so I can have revenue by blogging (para naman magkapera ako kahit papaano) .






I am still contemplating on my pursuance to study in th University of the Philippines-Mindanao. I was being reminded by my parents on my past performance (i.e. my grades last semester - my predicted GWA for that semester is between 2.5 and 2.25), and how my attitude was affecting my social aspects - at home- (and how it is connected to my life in UP Mindanao). I was reminded that if problems grow worse for our family - financial problems to be exact - I may (I, mean "may") be transferred to Holy Cross of Davao College.

It is really OK for me to study in HCDC - I can still pursue Computer Science, or perhaps pursue Education or Mass Communication. I think my learning experience in UP Mindanao can give me a boost on studying in HCDC - standards in UP are way up high than that of HCDC (no offense) and my proficiency in the Chinese language could help, too. HCDC is way near than UP Min (it's in Sta. Ana Avenue, (downtown) Davao City), and way cheaper.

However, having experienced UP Life made me think that I want to continue this journey. It has been fun connecting with my ka-ComSci kahit mahirap. Having them made a sense of security to me (Way back in my High School days in CDSI was, otherwise, another story). Shifting my moody and immature attitude to a more controlled and mature me there in UP is no one-man show. I had my friends there in UP Min - dorm mates, staff in the Office of Student Affairs (which, in fact, very accommodating), course-mates, and a whole lot more. Having experienced wonderful faculty that semester - Ma'am Mayang Mata (MATH17), Sir Joseph Belida (MST3), Sir Anton Siaotong & Ma'am Imma Licayan (MST1), Sir Raffy Sanchez (SSP4), Sir Val Clamonte (SSP2), Ma'am Sheila Bulaong (AH3), Sir Redner Palomaria (PE1) - made me realise that I shouldn't give up on pursuing for my chosen degree - even in its really high standards. Computer Science will be challenging but I know it will make me a better developer for techonological advances in the future. I am still sure and confident that I wouldn't shift for the next semester - I did not file for it last week since I haven't been into UP Min since my checking out in the EBL Dormitory after the examinations.

I've got the hang of UP Life.
I am happy with UP Life.
I am grateful of having UP Life.
I am proud to be an Iskolar ng Bayan.

However, if God will declare, I will accept my fate.





Have a Happy Semestral Break!

KENNETH



Digg!
Add to Technorati Favorites
Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory





Subscribe to 'A Stellar Life' Feeds Today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth