My Seventeenth, My Stellar Life: Part 1



What can be put on my 17th Birthday cake? (even if ever we won't have cake this year, let's just make it imaginary...)

The usual "Happy Birthday Kenneth"?
The usual "Greetings from: (family and friends)"?
Blue-coloured icing? Yellow? Green? Maroon? In buttercream? In meringue?
Seventeen tiny candles or candles numbered "17"?
Candy flowers? Candy sprinkles? Candy-coated chocolate?
Sponge cake? Chocolate cake? Layered cake?

What more can be put on this birthday cake?


Let's review what I have wished for last year:

  1. To survive UP life (and the BS Computer Science) in this first year (especially on the first semester).
  2. Meet MORE friends, not only in social networks, but with the PERSONAL network.
  3. To learn more of myself to improve it and to share what I have to others. I now really crave to teach Chinese to other people. :-)
  4. To experience a holistic kind of learning experience on my stay in UP and to keep the legacy that my Alma Mater, Colegio de San Ignacio, has given to me.
  5. To learn more virtues that I may experience in this 16th year of existence.
After a year...

I truly survived my first year of UP Life. Computer Science was quite difficult for me, but I endured those challenges. I proved myself worthy.

I met a lot of friends and acquaintances not just in Friendster, Multiply or in the blogosphere, I met some of them personally and shared a lot of things in life.

I have learned more of myself... that I'm not just any kid; I'm a person who could conquer every challenge, a person who is intelligent enough to conquer any academic endeavour, a person who can be friendly and can be befriended, a person who can gain freedom to express his thoughts and opinions. I truly captured the holistic learning experience in UP and I wanna continue that.



I am still working out with my complete list of wishes for this year. But let me give you one:
  • I wish (and pray) to let my intelligence and leadership skills be put to use. I want to give the younger ones the willpower that they'll deserve in UP.

I now bring my definition of "Stellar":

distinguished. abundant. imaginative. free. contented. ready to reach the top. dreaming. visionary. happy.




This is My Seventeenth, My Stellar Life.

The second part will come out soon.



KENNETH






Digg!

Add to Technorati Favorites
Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory




Subscribe to 'A Stellar Life' Feeds Today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth