REGISTERED: The New Sophomore

Dear friends,

Another ENDURING process of enrollment has been done. I'm officially REGISTERED as a Sophomore of the University of the Philippines Mindanao.

Alright, I had many worries carried with me during the enrollment period. But all of them were just blown by the wind, because I had a somewhat smoother process on my part. (pardon the pun)



OK. For the last 4 days, I endured another long process, that is, the signing of clearances, enlisting of subjects, and filling up and signing of forms. Here's what I mean:

DAY ONE: CLEAR. NO HINDRANCE. (06-02-08)

As I arrived in UP Min, I got my clearance form and went on to the clearance centers:
  • ILC/LRC (ILC Building): As I submitted the wee, little charge slip and gave it to Kuya Jeffrey of ILC. When he was done on assessing, he gave to Ate Diocy of LRC. It was so long and tedious because they did it manually. All I saw on the charge slip was a total of Php 900.25 Not that bad; my SV duties in ILC/LRC really paid off. (My parents weren't glad, though. :-/ )
  • University Student Council (Atrium): The line wasn't slow, though, in here. All I did was pay Php 35.00 Group Insurance to one of the officers. Done.
  • IT Kiosk: I only had a measly Php 8.00 charge here. (weird) It was just for printing a two-page doc. Duh, I almost consumed my 40 hours in the IT Kiosk so I won't fear for "expiration" by the end of last semester. (FREAKY NETIZEN!) X-P
  • Library (CSM Library): I only borrowed one book but returned immediately. So I'm clear. Done. :-)
  • College Student Council (CSC Office): Just paid Php 10.00 for CSM Student Council Funds. That's just it. :-)
  • Chemistry Lab/Biology Lab: Even though I'm not part of the Food Science and Chemistry Department (where BS Food Tech and its subjects are part of) and the Biological Sciences and Environmental Studies Department (where BS Biology and its subjects are part of), I have to sign this. (I really hated this part! Why settle for this clearance if you don't have CHEM, BIO, FST, CRSC, ANSC, etc. subjects? Weird!)
  • Office of Student Affairs (OSA Office): The loooongest part. Just drop the clearance to Ate Ivy (the one who checked the clearances) and you have to wait for almost an hour. Finally, I recieved it when the clock almost struck FIVE.
DAY TWO: ILISTA MO SA PAPEL (AT SA COMPUTER) (06-03-08):

I then got my Form 5A (Pre-Registration Form) afterwards. I went to the office of my Adviser, Prof. Vanessa Ramoran, to look after my form in which I filled up last February. After looking after my subjects with prerequisites, which I had passed, by the way, (i.e. CMSC21 (needs CMSC11); CMSC57 (needs CMSC56); MATH27 (needs MATH26; PHYS3 & STAT1 (needs MATH17)), I then went to Room 227 (CSM Audio-Visual Room) to activate my electronic enlistment.

Then I spend time deciding for my subjects for this semester. Finally I decided to come up with these subjects:
  • CMSC21 (Fundamentals of Computer Programming)
  • CMSC57 (Discrete Math Structures in Computer Science II)
  • MATH27 (Analytic Geometry and Calculus II)
  • PHYS3 (General Physics I)
  • STAT1 (Elementary Statistics)
  • MST6 (The Biodiversity Challenge)
  • PE2 BT (Badminton)
But I can't imagine my terror schedule!:

MONDAYS
  • 0700-0900: PHYS3 Lec QR
TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS:
  • 0900-1000: STAT1 Lec B
  • 1000-1300: PHYS3 Lab QR-1L (Tuesday) & STAT1 Lab B-3L (Thursday)
  • 1300-1430: MATH27
  • 1600-1730: MST6
  • 1730-1830: PE2 BT
WEDNESDAYS & FRIDAYS:
  • 1000-1300: CMSC21 Lab O-1L (Wednesday)
  • 1300-1430: CMSC57
  • 1600-1700: CMSC21 Lec
Now that I have a Monday class, I have to wake up very early to go to UP Min from Buhangin. A one-hour commuting torture!

Then there is this roster of professors and instructors for this semester:

  • Instr. Riannel B. Tecson for CMSC21 Lec
  • Prof. Vanessa C. Ramoran for CMSC21 Lab & CMSC57
  • Instr. Mabele P. Malagamba for MATH27
  • Instr. John Paulette Monterron* for PHYS3 Lec & Lab [*John Paulette is a SHE! Don't be fooled! ] (*tentative for now, too. Engr. Joseph E. Acosta may take the Lab)
  • Instr. Metche Anne C. Casinillo for STAT1 Lec & Lab
  • Dr. Antonio R. Obsioma for MST6
  • Instr. Rosille R. Baldo for PE2 BT
Enough blah, blahs. Then, I went back to print a final copy of the Form 5A and confirmed to Prof. Ramoran, got approval and went back to the College Secretary's Office to get the infamous Form 5 (Registration Form). I then confirmed my assesment.

Since my parents decided to have me for Student Loan (SL) for my STFAP Bracket hasn't been released yet, I went back home to process my requirements.

DAY THREE: THE DEBTS I HAVE TO TAKE (06-04-08)

I then shown my required documents to the OSA, and got my SL Form. I filled it up and went to downtown to my father's workplace in Holy Cross Press to secure his signature (my father's my co-debtor). As I went back to Bajada to return to UP Min, something happened...

My coin purse got lost, and it has my USB Thumb Drive in it! :,-(

But that coin purse only contained P5.00 and that USB Drive. If it was a snatcher who got it, he must have a good conscience! He might just want the money, and not the 300-peso USB Drive, unless he has the knowledge to use it. (Darn!) >:-(

Oh, well, I'll just save money for another one... I wonder how much a 1-GB Drive costs now... :-/

OK, back to the Student Loan process, I secured signatures from the Chiefs of the Human Resource Development and the Accounting Offices, and then from the Director of the Office of Student Affairs. After that, I went back home since I have to secure money. (I pity my parents...) :-(

DAY FOUR: FINALLY... (06-05-08)

I secured the initial amount for my loaned fees that we have to pay per month (don't ask me how much it is). I first done an errand that my mother gave me; I went to her workplace and gave her what she wanted. I then went back to UP Min.

I directly went to the Cash Office to pay my initial fees. After that I photocopied the Official Reciept and my Form 5, and gave back to OSA those photocopies and a copy of the SL Form.

Then I went back to the College Secretary's Office to get my class cards. Finally... I'm in!

I finally got confirmation that I'm still qualified for admission in the EBL Dormitory! :-D I got my charge slip for advance payment, paid and went back to submit my paid forms. I am finally back to see my friends back in the dorm!

Finally, I went back here, to blog about this experience.

See you again for another time of classes!

KENNETH






Digg!

Add to Technorati Favorites
Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory




Subscribe to 'A Stellar Life' Feeds Today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth