POST NO. 100!: Hoping for A Great Start...

Hello there! This is the one-hundreth post of this blog! I'm now here in an internet café in dowtown Davao because my batchmates are here together with me to have some kalingawan. :-)

I am super excited about the opening day of UP Mindanao tomorrow. Classes are about to start. But I am still a bit scared because of the new life I will face. I know that BIG challenges are up for grabs, but I know that God will guide me through this.

I moved to UP Mindanao's Elias B. Lopez Hall Dormitory yesterday, and I felt the big challenge in front of me, how to cope up with the difficulties of living in this dormitory. I just experienced the 'water shortage' (The dorm's water supply is limited.) I was forced to take a bath using just the little water from my own pail and rinsing little by little, without wasting more than half of my water from the pail. The rooms are not that cozy, but it is still very OK to study and sleep there. (I brought my Chinese books with me so I may share it to others other than my batchmates in my Alma Mater, Colegio de San Ignacio. But I could still share to them because I know we could forget the Chinese traditions we had in CdSI.)

Food in UP Min is reasonable, but I am obliged to buy veg meals (including eggs and milk and bread) because of my limited budget and my devotion to vegetarianism. I have to keep my health during my stay here.

I am still a bit skeptical to befriend people other than my batchmates. But I am happy that one of my roommates in UP Min's EBL Hall Dormitory, named Timothy Ponce, a BS Architecture stude from Ma-a, has acquainted me (getting-to-know-each-other stage, in other words.). I hope and pray that we will be good friends. I also hope and pray that my two (?) other roommates could acquaint and eventually, befriend me. (One of the two roommates is an upper-class stude.)

As Ate Hazel explained to me, living in the dorm helps a stude get through college. Yes, I already felt that force that you should be INDEPENDENT to be successful. Imagine waking up early and getting things all done, plantsado at todo-todo. Talk about her article in CdSIAN Star last year. (I hope Ate Hazel could read this.)

Life in UP will be tough but it will be fun. I know God will guide me through. I know He will.

See you in the next post!

KENNETH


Digg!

Add to Technorati Favorites

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth