First Impressions...


Hi Friends!
I'm glad that lots of net traffic are coming to my blog! Thanks!
At last, I'm back to my suki Internet café here in Buhangin. I just came back yesterday from a stressful day of classes in UP in Mindanao.

I am so fed up with the countless 'bad vibes' that one will encounter UP. During the First Bloc Encounter on the Opening Program of UP last Thursday, June 7th, the Beta Sigma Fraternity & the Sigma Beta Sorority gave freshmen a Freshman Survival Guide. Here's the cover...


The speech balloon on the man on the left states:
"HELLO FRESH MEAT - OH, I MEAN FRESHMAN! I'M YOUR UPPERCLASS MAN!"

The speech balloon on the man on the right states:

"TIME FOR CLASS BOY!"
A quite scary impression of a survival guide. (*sighs* and shakes head)
Let me quote the messages that the Grand Princep and the Most Idyllic Sister of the said fraternities and sororities have to say:
"...as days and months pass by, I'm sure that you will learn to love everything about UP Min - the trees, cows, chickens and of course the habal-habals. UP Min will surely grow on you."
-Juan Carlos Miguel Herrera, Beta Sigma Fraternity
"...Because while your social life is as well important, keep in mind that you are primarily to study. Know your limitations and discover how to balance your academic and social life."
-Allen Mae Laviña, Sigma Beta Sorority
There are still lots discover inside this guide - the buildings' histories, the Non-Academic calendar, locations of dining and lodging spaces, and much more.
How stupid UP Mindanao life may be. But it will never make people down. :-) God can only know what's in store for us.
KENNETH

Digg!

Add to Technorati Favorites
Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth