Convictions of the StellarBoy (Part 5)

This is my final conviction for this posting series.

Let's take a break and see a trailer of UPCAT - The Movie, a CinemaOne original movie. A story of one student who dreams to be in the University of the Philippines; i.e., by taking the University of the Philippines College Admission Test or the UPCAT. The catch phrase: "Ito and kwento ng sukatan, pasikatan, at shaded circles."



The scenario is based in UP Los Baños, but the situation applies in all campuses in the System. I'm proud I've passed the UPCAT and entered UP. :-)



This time, I wanna confess everything I've done all this time:

  • I turned back to God through many people. My life has been in "recovery mode" since I entered UP Min. I have gained friends who, in their way, praise the Lord for His wonderful Presence, who made ways to sing and dance to worship Him. Their voices grabbed my attention to turn back into Him. There I started to experience spiritual freedom. I began to read the Holy Bible frequently. Never I felt a feeling of euphoria in my life as I entered UP Min. Here I experienced healing from my otherwise "unappealing" high-school days where I was isolated from the many people of our batch. My stay in UPMin became a blessed one because I turned back to God, to praise and worship Him, to be inspired by His word. Now I have to share what I have been blessed for to my family and to those who will be my friend in the coming days. (Compliments to Ian, Lyndon, Jerick, Bobbie, Ervin, Ton-ton, Ate Mizpah, Ate Clay-clay, Kuya Matt, Merlene, Ate Vanz, Ate Brecil, Kuya Bobet, and to other people who share the praise...)
  • I now confess now through this post that I did not reach the expectation that me and my family; that I did not pass one of the current subjects I was taking this semester. It was CMSC57 (Discrete Mathematical Structures in Computer Science II). I confess that I wasn't disciplined enough to concentrate on Combinatorics and specially on Generating Functions and Recurrence Relations, for I was concentrating much on C/C++ programming in CMSC21 (Fundamentals of Programming). I know it was extremely important as it will be applied when we have to proceed to CMSC123 (Data Structures) and CMSC130 (Logic and Digital Computer Circuits), where the prerequisites are CMSC11, CMSC21 and CMSC57. Because of failing this, I now confess that I'm officially irregular. But my adviser (and my CMSC57 instructor), Prof. Vanessa Ramoran, asked me if I am still willing to stay as a Computer Science student. I confidently said "YES". Now, I am expecting to be in these subjects: MATH28 (Analytic Geometry and Calculus III), STAT101 (Statistical Methods), PHYS13 (General Physics II), MST5 (Biotechnology and Society), AH2 (Understanding Ourselves through Academic Writing), AH7 (Significant Themes in Literature) and PE2 PG (Philippine Games). I am still willing to stay, even when I'm irregular. I'm still happy that I wanting to stay.
  • However, my parents are insisting me to shift or to transfer. My mom said that the career that is now making more income is English language teaching; insisting me to take BA English or BA Communication Arts or Education. My dad said that I have to transfer to Holy Cross of Davao College (HCDC) for me to have a company discount on my tuition (refers to this post). I am still in great confusion. I am still asking the LORD for a solution to their problems, especially in finances (in lieu of the global financial meltdown). I am still asking the LORD if what options should I take: stay in UP as ComSci, stay in UP but to shift to BAE or BACA, transfer to HCDC and take whatever course is preferable, or not to continue school for a period of time.
  • I now confess that I blog because I wanted to share who I am to other people. This is the other side of me aside from who I am at home, a simple, happy boy but an isolated loner. I live in a community where people are experiencing extreme difficulty - poverty, uncertainty, and threats of demolition - for the land where we are isn't ours - we only granted rights to have a home here. If I have to produce a picture of what is all around me, I will. I want to be happy, but would everyone around me at home care?
WHERE SHOULD I BE?
WHERE AM I DESTINED TO BE?
WHO SHOULD I BE WITH?
WILL I FOLLOW MY PARENTS' CALL?
WILL I FOLLOW GOD'S CALL?

I'M CONFUSED.
IN SPITE OF THIS,
ONLY GOD WILL PROVIDE ME THE ANSWER.
I KNOW AND I BELIEVE.






KENNETH



Subscribe to 'A Stellar Life' Feeds Today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth