REGISTERED

University of the Philippines in Mindanao, here I come!

Last Tuesday, at this time of posting, I have been called REGISTERED after the long process of registering to this LARGE institiution.

I got a Friendster message from Ate Jade Hazel Gamas, one of my Alma Mater's alumni. Here it is:

I heard that your enrollment will be this coming tuesday...I may see you there because I'm taking advance summer classes.

first tip for tuesday: make friends - if you can have more than two, that will be very helpful...they will be your companions during the day. Even if incoming first years bring their parents with them, parents are discouraged to do the stuff needed during the day. You will do all the stuff, like line up for PE class enlistment and of course, paying in the cashier. IN UP, YOU LEARN AND LIVE ALL BY YOURSELF.

second tip: follow instructions: there will be a sheet of paper given to you ahead of time, that contains the process you need to undergo. Read it carefully so that you will not have a hard time.


last: do not be afraid to ask. asking REALLY helps.

You will live in the dorm? that is really nice! From my experience, living in the dorm helped me through college. I tell you, it is not much (the dormitory) but it is a great place to stay. there are very helpful people around-the dorm manager,house parent, nurse,etc. I will still stay there. actually, the dorm prioritizes first years but I've been told that I can still stay.

Ken, if you are not sure about the course you chose, you can still change it. You just have to ask the help of the office of the school registrar, ahead of time. choose the course YOU love and where you can be best at, or else you may find yourself deciding to shift to other courses...I have a lot of friends na nagshift dahil lang sa math...

Don't go there tomorrow because the school is just a four-day work week.walang mga staff pag mondays.

Live college like highschool BUT, you just have to change your priorities.have fun! choose your friends and befriend many ates and kuyas, especially in your course.first years need all the help they can get.

good luck and God bless!

Thanks, Ate Hazel! I'll remember your advices!

During the UP registration, I saw my batchmates Edmund Gemelo, Jr., Maverick Moradilla, Dominique Contrata and Richard Von Lao. I was so happy. (some text deleted)

Anyways, by tomorrow and Friday, I will go back to UP again to attend their Freshmen Orientation. Good luck to me!

God Bless You! Have a great time!


KENNETH

Digg!

Add to Technorati Favorites

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth