Hardships...

Dear friends,

Ate Kakay Carreon of BA Anthropology answered my invites in my social networks. (However, she invited me to be her Multiply contact.) Thanks a lot, Ate! Keep visiting!

Sir Raffy Jones Sanchez accepted my invite to be his Friendster and Multiply contact. Ma'am May Anne Mata accepted my Friendster invite, too.

Let me quote Sir Raffy's blog entry about his teaching experience in another institution, Ateneo de Davao University, where he teaches Psychology.

"...Now, as a teacher, I strive to be as painstakingly patient as my teachers had been. I am driven by one intention in mind: to transfer my learning and inspire students...

my students in this class could afford to display such arrogant behavior of putting up a solid face while failing to read the assigned readings; and, apparently unsatified with such a mediocrity, they could even afford to exhibit the misdemeanor of disregarding the teacher. In the middle of the lesson, they chose to fool around...and in the height of my emotions, I did what I shouldn't have: gave them a test... I felt bad...

...Students from elite institutions cannot seem to value their education because they are so detached from the objective realities of the contemporary society. The nature of a colonial, commercialized, and repressive education is before their very face but they choose ignore such and embrace their imagined realities because of the comfort zones that such provide....

"

I soon realised the hardships of a teacher... a lot of hassles.

In our setting in UP Min in the SSP4 subject, Sir Raffy, with the help of his co-teachers in CHSS, realised that we, students, should interact with him for our discussion to be more worthwhile. I really felt that our discussion was quite interesting after all those 'freezes' during our past discussions, mainly with the cause of not reading the handouts or the sources that we should opt to read.

Just today, we were quite active at that discussion about Niccolo Machiavelli, about those thoughts about "power as the end of the state" and "being feared and/or loved". We soon talked about the rule of Mayor Rodrigo Duterte. In my opinion, Mayor Duterte's rule is due to the fears of his 'harsh punishments' to the "uncomplying" citizens, but tends to last because of the citizens' 'love' of his 'good deeds' - improvement of infrastructures and facilities, improved traffic control, the famous "Anti-Smoking Ordinance", and the waste segregation program. To me it's good, but some may say it stinks. It's for you to decide.

Our First Long Exam in this subject will be on Saturday, July 14.

Read Ma'am Mayang's blog about showing respect to Math. It's in a form of a rap, but you will find it really interesting.

~*~

It's a bad time to blog these days because of my low grades. Recently my MATH17 scores fluctuate between the passing mark of 60% to below 60%. I failed in 2nd Long Exam. Today, I signed in for Peer Tutorials at the Learning Resource Center to help me with the subject. :-(

I also noticed that I my marks somewhat fluctuate in other subjects. :-( I spend too much time in the ILC just blogging, checking e-mails or social networks, or surf through Wikipedia. (*sighs*)

It's really bad to be inactive. It's time to change my ways at this time. Maybe this could be the last time I could blog for this week. Therefore, I should do research and typing jobs here, not really surf through social networks.

~*~

I answered a test in Tickle about Mood Swings and this was the sample result:

Kenneth Bernejay, your mood tends to swing between
Uneasy & Energetic.

Most of the time you feel uneasy. Your outlook on life tends to be negative and you spend considerable energy dwelling on your negative feelings and emotions. Your uneasy nature causes you to get worked up over every negative aspect of your life. When you feel energetic, you are consumed by flurries of activity. You probably keep to a busy schedule and rarely take time out to relax or veg out in front of the television.

When you experience the ups and downs of mood swings, the most important thing to remember is that you're not alone. Everyone—even the calmest individual—is liable to fly off the handle now and again.

Ever shouted at a loved one for no apparent reason? Had a bad day at work, just because? Or found yourself ricocheting between happiness and sadness? Getting your mood swings under control is no easy feat, but once you know what to look for, they can be surprisingly predictable and manageable.

Managing your mood swings is just a click away.

~*~

Another Tickle quiz I took was the Palm-Reading test. The sample result was:

Kenneth Bernejay, your palm reveals you are especially good at Believing in yourself


Your palm shows you are confident and courageous. You are not easily intimidated.

~*~

Oh, this could be the last time to blog. I should be improving on my performance.

That's all for this moment. Have a nice day.

KENNETH

Digg!

Add to Technorati Favorites
Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOK AT THIS!: Venta5, A Great TV Shopping Hit

ASL Q&A: Pagsangkap

Freedom From Lies With Hatred: Contamination From Deceitful Content Against The Church And How I Dealt It With The Truth